South Tyneside CCG and PCNs have been in discussion with the LPC to explore the possibility of Pharmacy staff helping to run the PCN led covid vaccination centres. They are looking for staff to volunteer to work within the centres and need support urgently in light of the speed that these centres are being mobilised.
We have agreed, what we believe, is a reasonable fee structure for pharmacists, and pharmacy staff who may be interested in helping. There is also a possibility of receiving a backfill payment if it is needed to release pharmacists from their pharmacies.
The fee details, once finalised, will be passed on to your PCN Leads for fast dissemination to interested people. Please contact them or LPC officers for more information.
This is a good opportunity for you or staff to personally get involved in helping the national immunisation programme against covid.
If you are interested in this there are a number of steps you will need to follow.
1. Click Here and Express your Interest.
2. Complete the online training on the public health website
3. Register with the IMPAX hub.
This portal will be used by the PCN / CCG to manage the workforce (rotas, payments, HR etc) for the clinics. Sheridan Salah can help set up user accounts and provide a training demo. Please email - firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Please contact your insurer (PDA, NPA, etc) to advise them you intend to undertake this role and ensure you have adequate cover. Please do not assume you will be covered by existing arrangements.
5. Be familiar with Pharmoutomes as this will be used for centralised recording of vaccinations. Whilst the modules are not quite ready we believe they will not be too dissimilar to other pharmoutcomes services.
Urgent Cover Needed
Cover is required urgently for sessions throughout December. So please act promptly if you can assist. Cover is required 7 days per week, 8am - 8pm, including bank holidays.
In addition community pharmacy non-clinical staff may be required to assist at clinics with admin, chaperoning, crowd management tasks etc as the clinic capacity increases in coming weeks. If any pharmacies have staff that wish to be involved then please send an EOI on behalf of them too, clearly stating that they are non-pharmacists and what their role is please.
The LPC has also contacted Gateshead PCN's to discuss similar arrangements and will advertise in due course any agreed details. This does not prevent Gateshead Pharmacists or staff volunteering in the South Tyneside area at this point.