- News Stream
- Winter Access Services
- Tackle High BP
- 2019-20 South Tyneside Council Flu Service
- 2019-20 Gateshead Council Flu Service
- GP2P Service
- NHS Health Checks - Gateshead
- NHS Health Checks - South Tyneside
- Think Pharmacy First Gateshead
- Think Pharmacy First ST
- EHC-South Tyneside
- Contact Us
North East Shared Decision Making Community of Interest are holding a meeting to discuss shared decision making in the context of medicines. Pharmacists are invited to attend this meeting . Clear here for a flyer containing the full details and registration information.
Pharmacy contractors are reminded that the clinical governance approved particulars come into effect on 1st July. The Clinical Governance section of the PSNC website (www.psnc.org.uk/cg) contains support materials, including a link to the joint guidance issued by NHS Employers and PSNC.
As a reminder, the new and revised approved particulars are:
1. Pharmacy practice leaflet. Pharmacies are required to produce in an approved manner a practice leaflet containing certain information about the pharmacy.
2. Patient satisfaction survey. The existing approved particulars were amended to include specific requirements about how the pharmacy publishes the survey results and takes appropriate action following the results;
3. Incident reporting system. All patient safety incidents should be reported to the NPSA or its successor organisation. Pharmacies will be expected to have a patient safety incident log and near-miss log;
4. Information governance programme. Change from having a use of information programme which covers specific items, to complying with an approved information governance programme.
5. Premises standards - environment. The approved particulars outline the requirements for an appropriate environment within which to receive healthcare.
Following the announcement of the upcoming Drug Tariff changes coming into effect on 1st July 2012, the Department of Health has now made the transitional arrangements relating to the changes to methadone dispensing public.
PSNC has created a new webpage outlining how these payments will work and which contractors will be eligible for them:
The North East Pharmacy Forum of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society have asked us to let Pharmacists know about a respiratory update lecture they are holding on 4th July. The event details and registration can be downloaded here. For any further information please contact Catherine Armstrong on 07525 750971
The next EHC (Emergency Hormone Contraception) training for pharmacists has been organised for 10th July 2012 at the Media Centre Gateshead Unit 2B, Media Centre, Stonehills, Shields Road, Gateshead, NE10 0HW.
The EHC training session will start at 7pm; however a buffet with refreshments will be available from 6pm
If you wish to book a place please email email@example.com or ring 0191 5297203 to confirm your details.
PSNC and NHS Employers have published a brief document on the clinical governance changes and when the different aspects need to be complied with. The document is available to download from www.psnc.org.uk/cg
The LPC has arranged clinical training on COPD to support you with targeted MURs and the NMS, with the support of Novartis and Teva. The training will take place on 27th June however, if you are unable to make this date, a second identical session will take place in in North of Tyne at Seaton Burn the previous evening, which you can apply to attend.
Details of time, place, agenda and address to send applications are all included in the downloadable invitations below.
Novartis have agreed to provide inhaler technique support devices for you to take away and will be available on a first come first served basis to those attending an event.
Teva will be making equipment available on the evening for you to test your own technique.
Please contact Scott Jamieson or Sumir Trivedy with any questions (contact details on the invitations).
Sunderland University are currently offering Clinical Diplomas and Independent prescribing courses to community Pharmacists.
The deadline for applications for the MSC/Diploma and the IP course is the 31st July. There will be 25 funded places on the IP course on a first-come, first-served basis so the sooner they get their applications are made the better.
The diploma will have 4 study days per year (which will run on a Wednesday or a Saturday if time off during the week is a problem). There will be a 1 hour exam that is held outside of the study days.
The application form to apply to either course can be downloaded here.
For any further info contact Jess Clemerson (lead for Independent Prescribing) or Tania Jones (MSc/Clin Dip) through the university of sunderland. 0191-515200
Application forms should be sent to Vicky Clelland, Programme Administrator via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to
Copies of our older Paper Based News Letters (The LPC News) can be found by clicking below.