- News Stream
- Winter Access Services
- Tackle High BP
- 2019-20 South Tyneside Council Flu Service
- 2019-20 Gateshead Council Flu Service
- GP2P Service
- NHS Health Checks - Gateshead
- NHS Health Checks - South Tyneside
- Think Pharmacy First Gateshead
- Think Pharmacy First ST
- EHC-South Tyneside
- Contact Us
- 03 - Declaration of Interest
- LPC Members
- Archive - Vaccination Site Staffing
- New Page
- Covid Workfore Survey
- News Video
- C19-CareHome-Resident Vacs
- Vaccination Site Staffing
Gateshead Council Employee Flu Vaccination Service
Gateshead and South Tyneside LPC is pleased to announce that we have negotiated an Employee Seasonal Flu Vaccination Service with Gateshead Council. The Service is funded by the Council and is to allow for eligible Council staff (those presenting with a with a Council ID badge from designated teams in the Council) to be privately vaccinated in the pharmacy. This year the Council is also offering pharmacies the opportunity to deliver off-site vaccinations.
Please note, pharmacies are to offer this Service under their own private PGDs.
Each Vaccination will attract a £10 fee as per the Council’s Specification and off-site vaccinations will be paid at a rate of £50 per 2 hour clinic and £200 per 6 hour clinic, plus vaccination fee. Eligible Council staff will be advised to present at pharmacies or at off-site clinics (to be agreed with the Council) with their ID badge. Pharmacies are to take note of the ID badge number and check the team within which the staff members work against an approved list of teams.
Pharmacies are invited to complete the Next Steps below to enter into a Contract with the Council to deliver the Service.
Pharmacy Next Steps
- Familiarise yourself and appropriate staff with the spec and the consent record Foms below
- Complete the Gateshead Council Flu Vaccination Contracting Opportunity process via PharmOutcomes. ( You will see this in th services section)
- Await receipt of an award letter from the Council to confirm a Contract is in place.
- Ensure pharmacy staff are aware that Council staff will be presenting with ID badges for vaccination, that staff are to check they work within specified teams.
- If Council staff are eligible for the NHS service they must be vaccinated via that process as opposed to claiming via the Council, but their ID badge number and team in which they work is to be noted regardless.
- If vaccinated through this scheme ensure that all claims are made through the Gateshead Flu Modules on PharmOutcomes.
- Pharmacy to contact our secretary (Louise Lydon) to who liase with the council to arrange off-site clinics if they so wish.
Multiples please note: the process differs slightly for multiples in that the Contracting Opportunity will be opened up to one appropriate person for each multiple to complete on behalf of all of their participating organisation / stores. The appropriate contacts have been emailed separately to highlight the distinction in the process. It remains of significant importance if you are a multiple that your staff that will be delivering the Service read and understand the Specification below.