Although this was set up for pharmacies in South Tyneside , a few places can also be taken up by Gateshead Pharmacists.
This multi-disciplinary course is ideal for those working as part of a shared care scheme intending to provide treatment to drug users as part of a locally or nationally enhanced service.
Those who would like a better understanding of the strategies used to support and engage drug users in treatment.
• Engage individuals in treatment.
• Identify harmful and dependent drug taking.
• Diagnose severity of drug dependence.
• Develop a range of harm reduction strategies.
• Understand treatment options to enable the provision of safe and effective care.
• Become aware of the current policy context regarding recovery.
• Deliver enhanced services for drug users
15th November 2022 – 10 places
25th January 2023 – 20 places
8th March 2023 – 20 places
To request your free place please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The course will be delivered on-line and is a full day training 9:30 – 16:30.
You will be required to complete e-learning as part of this course to receive your certificate of accreditation.
The course is Royal College of GPs (RCGP) Accredited