The Melissa health bus requires community pharmacists / pharmacy health champions to deliver health education and interventions, such as Microspirometry (remunerated @£10 each, plus off site fee available), AliveCor checks, BP checks and so forth.
Please see the information below about the the events.
If you are interested in helping please send all EOI to Louise Lydon, by close of business Thursday 6th February so that sessions can be assigned.
Please indicate -
- which session(s) are your preference,
- which pharmacy you work in,
- who will be attending and
- what interventions you can offer please.
Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Could you help us improve NHS support for people with long-term conditions?
Health leaders are calling on South Tyneside residents with diabetes, heart conditions or COPD to help improve the support services provided by the NHS locally.
South Tyneside CCG, working with South Tyneside & Sunderland NHS FT and South Tyneside Council, are inviting patients and their families to share their views and help to shape these services for the future.
Health staff will be out and about on the NHS’s specially designed double decker ‘Melissa bus’ during February:
Monday 24th February
· 9.30am - 12noon, South Tyneside District Hospital
· 1.30pm - 4.00pm, Hebburn Central
Wednesday 26th February
· 9.30am - 12 noon, Boldon ASDA
· 1.30pm - 4.00pm, Jarrow Morrison’s
Thursday 27th February
· All day - King Street, South Shields