In the mean time feedback from many of the delegaes present showed a lot of passion and a desire to do something about the current situation.
Gateshead & South Tyneside LPC will be looking into what we can do further to support you however in the first instance please vist our site http://www.gandstlpc.net/whattodo.html to find out what simple measures you can take from today in your pharmacy to support the current campaign which is being led by the NPA. For your conveneince I have replicated the steps you can take today below.
Don't forget there are also resources on our website to help you with finding out who your local MP is and various sources of information including template letters that can be used. http://www.gandstlpc.net/campaignresources.html
Pharamcy Campaign Steps
(Clicking on each step will take you to the relevent resource)
- Download NPA petition to the Prime Minister and encourage members of the public to sign this.
- Order campaign cards – for staff and patients to send to MPs
- Download a window poster – and raise public awareness
- Write a personalised letter to your local MP
- Tell us your stories – on the profound benefits of pharmacies for patients and communities
- Complete a short survey – to evidence that pharmacy already does what the Government wants it to do.
- Share the 'Support Your Local' Pharmacy website to raise public awareness and use #lovemypharmacy in any social media campaign you do.
- Don't forget the original e-petition to parliament is still going too https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/116943