Disappointingly the LPC have not received details of the locally commissioned NHS service nor the nationally commissioned NHS service.
We understand the frustatrions of contractors who are ready to go and have had vaccines deliveries already unfortunately until the local NHS team or the national team release details you will not be able to vaccinate via the NHS.
We are constantly reviewing the situation and will be in touch as soon as we have details from either service.
In the meantime you may find the webinar below useful.
Flu vaccinations – All you need to know to make a success of the new service
As the flu season begins we know many contractors and pharmacy teams are eager to start offering the new Advanced Service. Find out how to make flu vaccinations a success in your pharmacy by tuning in to a joint NPA / PSNC webinar on Wednesday 16th September at 7.30pm. As the webinar is a joint event with PSNC, non-NPA members will also be able to sign up and tune in.
On the night Alastair Buxton, Director of NHS Services at PSNC, and Leyla Hannbeck, Head of Pharmacy Services at the NPA, will explain how the flu vaccination service works, showing you how to ensure that you and your team are ready to make the most of the opportunity. A must watch for contractors and pharmacy team members who will be involved in the service, the webinar will help you to:
- Understand exactly how the service will work and how to make your declaration of competence;
- Familiarise yourself with the data capture requirements for the service;
- Know how to get patient consent and claim for payment;
- Meet the pharmacist responsibilities for delivering a PGD service (dos and don’ts);
- Understand the importance of different vaccine excipients;
- Understand your indemnity insurance; and
- Take advantage of the full range of support available for pharmacists, including the NPA flu training.
The webinar is scheduled for Wednesday 16th September at 7.30pm and may last up to 90 minutes; so make sure flu vaccinations will work for your pharmacy by signing up here (If the link does not work please visit the psnc website)