which focuses on self-care and the main winter respiratory illnesses that can be looked after at home or with advice from a pharmacist
It uses the key message ‘keep calm and look after yourself’ and incorporates messages about discouraging people from using antibiotics. The campaign will Coincides with national Self Care week and European Antibiotic Awareness Day and will include media and press activity including
- Printed materials - Displays, Sticker, leaflet, posters, GP Non Antibiotic Prescription Pads
- Social media. – @keepcalmne (please follow!) #keepcalmne (please use!)
- Website - www.keepcalmthiswinter.org.uk
- TV adverts on Tyne Tees,
- Radio adverts on regional stations,
- Street activity
- Outdoor advertising e.g. bus shelters.
The aim of the campaign is to provide clear information to the public around the best use of local NHS services this winter – specifically for self-care, community pharmacy and antibiotics use
Pharmacies will be receiving a support pack to help them to promote the message.
This is a great opportunity for pharmacy. Please watch the advert above and look out for the support pack and use it to promote this message in your pharmacies.
Below are some examples of the posters being used.