PSNC have just announced that there is to be an uplift for this years flu service along with some improvements to the service. Please see the full announcement below.
The changes include:
- The fee for the service will increase to £7.98 per administered dose plus an additional fee of £1.50 per vaccination, making the total payment £9.48.
- Contractors can now administer vaccinations in patients’ homes.
- Pharmacists need only undertake face-to-face training for the service every three years (this is an extension from the previous requirement for training every two years).
- The requirement for contractors to register to offer the service with NHS BSA has been removed.
- Payment claims from pharmacies can now be made electronically.
The service is due to commence on 1st September 2018, subject to amendments to the Secretary of State Directions being made by the Department of Health and Social Care. PSNCwill notify contractors when the amendments have been made and the date they can commence provision of the service.
Click here to read more
PSNC guidance and webinar
Following publication of the service specification and PGD, PSNC has published detailed guidance on the service and has rescheduled the postponed flu webinar.
Click here to read PSNC Briefing 042/18: Guidance on the Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Advanced Service 2018/19
Click here to register for the rescheduled flu webinar on Tuesday 21st August at 7pm
Please note, if you registered for the webinar which was postponed on 15th August, you should receive an email confirming the new date and time and your registration will still be valid, you shouldn’t need to sign up again.