If you did not train with the QE you will need to use abother provider. There is a list of Flu training providers on the PSNC website.
This year the LPC worked with the NPA to offer training. This training included a face to face option as well as a refresher training both of which will provide a Private PGD. Unfortunalty all our face to face training is now complete however the refresher training is still avaivlbel which will be suitable if you trained last year and are looking gain a private PGD this year. Full details of this refresher training is below.
The NPA is providing on line refresher training to pharmacists in the NE, the cost per pharmacist (for NPA members and non-members) is £23 plus VAT. The criteria for eligibility to this refresher training is:
- The pharmacist must have successfully administered 30 or more vaccines during the previous flu season, AND
- Has successfully completed an accredited, face-to-face, seasonal flu training course (vaccination techniques, basic life support, anaphylaxis management) within the last 12 months, and has a certificate for this; AND
- The pharmacist must complete online training modules on vaccination techniques, anaphylaxis management and influenza; AND
- The pharmacist must sign a declaration to confirm that they are trained, confident and competent to offer the service including treatment of anaphylaxis and resuscitation techniques
- Online learning + assessment + certificate on vaccination techniques, management of anaphylaxis and influenza included – all must be completed by each pharmacist
- Private PGDs for: general influenza vaccination, Fluenz Tetra, Intanza, Tamiflu, adrenaline and hepatitis B
If you meet the requirements of criteria 1 and 2 above and want to access the NPA online refresher training please contact the PGD Services at the NPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01727 858687 Ext 3206. To qualify for the rate of £23.00 plus VAT you must inform the NPA that you have been signposted to them by NE LPCs.