As a reminder, the new and revised approved particulars are:
1. Pharmacy practice leaflet. Pharmacies are required to produce in an approved manner a practice leaflet containing certain information about the pharmacy.
2. Patient satisfaction survey. The existing approved particulars were amended to include specific requirements about how the pharmacy publishes the survey results and takes appropriate action following the results;
3. Incident reporting system. All patient safety incidents should be reported to the NPSA or its successor organisation. Pharmacies will be expected to have a patient safety incident log and near-miss log;
4. Information governance programme. Change from having a use of information programme which covers specific items, to complying with an approved information governance programme.
5. Premises standards - environment. The approved particulars outline the requirements for an appropriate environment within which to receive healthcare.